– Healthy eating habits
What you can get
- Develop the product
- Specify the business model
- Prepare to scale the project
Technical and commercial support
A collaborative workspace
The support of these Specialized Entities will be focused on validating the product market, accessing databases, piloting minimum viable products …
• Accés a laboratoris de nutrició i bromatologia, bioquímica i biologia molecular, química (orgànica i inorgànica), biologia cel·lular, nutrició aplicada, microbiologia i altres serveis científics.
• Acompanyament amb la relació amb els sectors productius i les institucions.
• Inclusió en convocatòries de beques de col·laboració.
What we expect from your solution
That it solves some of these problems
- Few fresh foods
- Poor diet
- High price of healthy foods
- Poor culinary culture
- Lack of time for diet planning
- Scarce or inaccessible shops
- Tools for planning meals and making purchases simple and practical
- Difficulties in interpreting label information
- Batches that people with few resources receive which are not adapted to their needs
- Difficulties of vulnerable people without support for cooking and maintaining a healthy diet
- Lack of planning at source and cooking in moderation (avoid excess)
- Low awareness regarding waste
- Disconnect between supply and demand for repurposing food surpluses
- Low network density (lack of business and circuits for repurposing)
- Difficulties in the logistics of repurposing
- Breaks in the cold chain (conservation)
- Business profitability
- Management of supermarket losses
- Lack of momentum for alternative distributors
- Supply-demand disconnect
- Low network density (lack of businesses, systems and networks for proximity consumption)
- Difficulties in logistics
- QA (quality assurance)
- Business profitability
- Few facilities for self-supply
(Self-production, urban gardens, etc.)
In these groups
- Communities with scarce resources
- The elderly
- General population
In these areas
- Schools and training spaces
- Food banks
- Nutrition-centered social organisations
What you will receive
Each of the incubated startups will receive
An intensive 10-week incubation program
- Specialists that will support the particular training needs of each startup.
- Mentoring by entrepreneurs, investors and advisors.
- Support from Aguas de Barcelona and the Specialized Entities.
- Inclusion in the Communication Plan to ensure visibility to startups and the dissemination of their solutions.
- Office space in an emblematic building in the city of Barcelona and a benchmark in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Participation in the
To be held within the framework of the Alimentaria2018 fair in Barcelona, a major international event for all professionals in the food industry. A must-see with innovation, the latest trends and the internationalisation of the sector.
Deb note of up to € 11,250, with plus free training.
- € 7,500 (€ 3,000 / month) to cover the costs of product development and expenses during incubation.
- € 3,750 (€ 1,500 / month) extra for teams coming from outside the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona.
What you commit to
- To work full time for the startup.
- To comply with the established program.
- Not to participate in any other acceleration program or incubators during your participation in Síty2017.
- To grant a right of credit to Aguas de Barcelona as compensation for the incubation services provided.
- To sign a contract that lays out all these conditions.
Some of your future mentors
In 2015, he founded Crowdfooding with the aim of broadening access to capital for food and foodtech entrepreneurs and ever since started to build a community of innovators tackling some of biggest challenges affecting our food system.
He now works with companies of all sizes to understand how entrepreneurship, collaboration, and investment models can be used to create a more sustainable future of food.
Alessio regularly speaks and consults food company on technology and investment models to foster food innovation. Some of his recent speaking engagements include presentations at Food IT conference (USA), RoIF - Rothamsted Open Innovation Forum (UK), Food Vision (UK), Food Matters Live (UK), Agtech&Foodtech Berlin Summit (GE), Smau (ITA), Seeds & Chips (ITA) among others. He is a council member of the Launch Food Forum and a London Tech Advocate within the FoodTech chapter.
A global citizen at heart he has lived and worked in Italy, South Korea, Australia, US and UK where he is currently based. He very much enjoys connecting passionate people when not trying new forms of food.
Didac també és membre de la junta directiva del FC Barcelona, on va dirigir inicialment l'àrea digital i actualment s'exerceix com a vicepresident en la Fundació. El FC Barcelona és un líder mundial en el sector esportiu digital (xarxes socials, aplicacions, eCommerce, etc.) generant ingressos anuals de € 30 milions.
Ha rebut diversos premis, entre els quals s'inclouen els següents: (i) Premi al millor mentor europeu d'inici per Founders Institute el 2013, (ii) Enumerat per l'IESE com un dels 20 empresaris més influents menors de 40 anys, ( iii) Seleccionat per
La revista WIRED com una de les Top 100 influencers digitals europees (número 2 per a Espanya).
Didac va néixer a Figueres (prop de Barcelona), els seus pares són de la Xina i parla el mandarí amb fluïdesa Xinès.
Focused on (and utilizing) ethical, transparent supply chains from LATAM to the United States.
Anteriorment va treballar a Caixa Capital Risc com a analista d'inversions llavor i com a consultora financera a Mercer Consulting, especialitzada en el control de gestió de plans de pensions a empreses.
El seu focus com a mentor de startups està en l'estratègia, la negociació i l'estructuració d'operacions i per ajudar les startups en aquestes àrees combina la seva experiència com a gestor, emprenedor i advocat.
És fundador de Magis Teams, una incubadora d'startups, que destaca per impulsar projectes des de fases molt inicials. És autor del llibre ``Meaningful Entrepreneurship``.
He studied hospitality in Vilamalla (Girona) alternating his studies with several restaurants, until in 2001 he joined the elBulli team. During the last 15 years, he has been working at elBulli: the first stage as restaurant manager, 6 years of which he was responsible for everything related to Ferran Adrià, and in the final stage as CTO, where he coordinated the relationship with Telefónica, in which he has been in the R & D department for 2 and a half years. Currently, he directs Fooday, a personal technology consulting company for companies in the catering sector. ``
Unitil December 13th
Until January 11th
Detailed analysis of candidates with lean startup
Until February 5th
Establishment of online objectives
Until April 13th
Presential incubation in Barcelona
Presentation of projects
Specialists and mentors at your service during the program
Hours of personalised consulting
Events and group training sessions
Some startups incubated in the Sity 2016 edition
Our entry in Sity has been key to be able to make a huge leap forward with our project, both in metrics and in product development; as well as in all the aspects that we had less developed.Miquel MascortWongo
Being able to have the perfect person for the specific need that your startup has in each moment makes you grow much faster.Alfonso EscricheCerqana
Sity has marked a before and after of 3D Click: we have found and validated a very attractive market segment, we have adjusted the MVP to the sector, we have converted it into a marketable product and we have achieved our first customers.Débora Alasraki3D Click
Now I have a roadmap prepared to arouse the interest of investorsJordi LlonchSharing Academy
Highly recommended for any startup that wants to take a leap of quality in a very short time.Xavier RuizSmartMonkey